Thursday, December 6

WISHLIST: BLACK CAT FEVER

black widow

black widow by vel-vette featuring skull earrings


This kind of doubles as a Monday inspiration post too, because this week I'm all about clothes and accessories for inspiration. Mainly, though, I put this together because those are 8 things I can't live without - the ones I don't have, I need to get my hands on. I picked up a really amazing black leather jacket (my fourth one, oops) the other day, and I've been doing lots of layering with it. As far as crazy vintage looking t-shirts go, I bought an Edie Sedgwick shirt online yesterday that I can't WAIT to get. Anyone who knows me knows exactly how much I love Edie, and exactly how excited I am to wear that shirt with a pair of black tights and a black leotard underneath in true Edie fashion. I'll be sure to post photos as soon as it arrives. 

I'm not a big fan of the combat boot trend. I know they're crazy popular, but maybe they're just not for me. I love boots, but I'm probably more picky on boots than any other shoe. A boot needs to be just right, and 90% of combat boots don't cut it for me. Then again, I don't own a pair, so maybe I've just avoided the magic of a pair of badass kickers. I do think that a pair of wedges with an ankle strap is absolutely necessary though. The ones above are from Jane Norman and they're pretty affordable! I've seen some rad Jeffrey Campbells lately too. Their Wildfox collaboration ballerina platforms are absolutely to die for, yet I don't own them. I think I'm just scared to have them because I'm psycho OCD about shoes and they look so easy to stain, rip, maim, torture, and kill.

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little obsessed with floral jeans. I was never huge on the 'floral everything' trend that massacred everyone between the ages of 14 and 90, but I think certain fleur prints on certain types of jeans are really sweet looking. I also like the look of hard vs. soft when you pair them with a leather jacket. My favorite pair I've seen so far are from Free People, and they're fairly tame compared to some prints I've seen. They're on sale at Macy's at the moment, too!

Personally, I don't like spending over $30 on jeans unless they're really, really special. I don't wear them enough, and quality isn't an issue to me because I change up the pieces I own so often. That's why I was pretty excited when I saw a few cute pairs at Target the other day. I love Target, sue me.

Isn't that little kitten bag adorable? I bet if you just hold it, it looks like a kitty on a leash ;D

Happy Thursday! What are you doing this weekend?

PS: I have a lot of handmade things and pieces from my closet currently posted in my online store. Feel free to check them out, I'm really excited!

6 comments: