Wednesday, January 2

JUICING IN THE NEW YEAR









One of my New Year's Resolutions was to bring in this new beginning with a detox juice fast. So far, so good. It's day two and I've been getting more comfortable with drinking my fruits instead of eating them; I've even started adding a little bit of greens like kale. I figured out that the easiest way to make a juice fast happen is to buy fruits you like. Everyone says it's so healthy to drink green juice, and people get caught up in health fads. Personally, I think green juices are amazing for you, but I'm not so jaded as to think I can honestly live on green juice every day for the first week of January. I'm easing into things; adding a sour apple into kale juice makes it drinkable. Pineapple makes for amazing juice. Last night, I juiced strawberries, oranges, blueberries, pineapple, and added a little kale; it turned out amazing. I think the key is moderation. If I want a chai latte in the morning, I allow myself to have one because it's hard to go from zero to full on raw juice fasting. I think by the end of the week, though, I'll feel better physically, and I'll have a better relationship with juicing. I'm already starting to enjoy cutting up my fruits and picking out what I need for the day from the store. 

So far, I've noticed my skin is less oily, and I have more "clean" energy. Sometimes I feel sluggish, but the energy I do have is so much nicer than the sugar rush energy you get from crap foods. Tomorrow, I'm going to add exercise into the equation and start my morning off with some yoga before I go to my tattoo appointment. 

Also, anyone that's interested in experimenting with juice fasting, I got this juicer on sale at Wal*Mart for $30. Just saying. That's a steal for the good quality of this machine. 

Anyone drink raw juice regularly? 

1 comment: